Have you noticed some new resource recovery bins around TPS? There is a blue one for recycling, a green one for compost, and a black one for trash/landfill.
Today's Trash Talk will focus on Recycling! Do you know what goes into the blue recycling bin?
- Glass (please empty liquids)
- All plastics #1-7 (please empty liquids)
- Mixed paper (if it is wet or has food on it, please put it in the green compost bin)
- Cardboard (if it is wet or has food on it, please put it in the green compost bin)
- Paperboard (e.g., empty tissue boxes, toilet paper tubes and the like)
- Aluminum foil and food service pans (please wipe clean as best as possible)
- Juice and milk boxes, and other Terra packs (please empty liquids)
Still unsure? Look at the sign over each bin, or watch the plasma for some tips. If you are really stumped, ask a member of the TPSA Green & Healthy Team or the Green & Healthy Student Ambassadors. And if you still have questions, be sure to read the weekly green & healthy tip for more information!