As we look forward to seeing everyone on opening day – September 9 – we wanted to share some information to get the school year off to a good start!
For more detailed information, please look for the back-to-school emails from Carlye Nelson-Major (preschool-3rd grade) and Matt Eskin (grades 4-8) the week of August 24.
If you are driving your child to school, please help us relieve congestion and promote safety by finding a legal spot a block or two away from the school. Better yet - walk or take public transportation!
Below are some important dates.
- Preschool and K morning sessions (the admission office will be sending families information about which session their children should attend - either 8:30-10am or 10:30am-noon). No lunch needed.
- Full day for grades 1-8, 8:20am-3:20pm. Please pack a lunch. No after school activities.
- There will be bus service (for students in grades 1-6 who live more than one and a half miles fromTPS). If you have questions, email Jill Feighan, Director of Safety & Security.
- Early Riser Program (7:30-8am) begins for students in grades 3-8 at Lombard Street
- New Parent Breakfast, 8:30-10am
- Early Riser Program (7:30-8am) begins for students in preschool and kindergarten at the Schwartz Siegel building. First and second graders may start early risers at the Lombard Street building.
- After School Enrichment Program (ASEP) and Middle School After School (MSAS) begin. If you have questions, please email Kim Carter, Director of Auxiliary Programs.
- Music lessons begin
- Clubs begin (online registration will be available soon)
Pope visit closure: To date, we will be closed on Friday, September 25. We may have to close on Thursday, September 24, and on Monday, September 28 – but we are holding off on that decision until we receive more information from the City and from our bus service. We recommend that families look into child care options now in the event that we need to close on additional days beyond September 25. Please note that when and if we reach a total of 5 missed days of schools (because of the papal visit, snow, etc.), we will turn a professional development day later in the year into a regular school day.
- September 30, 6:30-8:30pm Preschool-3rd Grade
- October 6, 6:30-8:30 – 4th-8th Grades
Save the Date for Playing for Change: On Saturday, September 19, 2:00-4:00 pm, musicians and music lovers around the world will gather on street corners, stages, and schools for a global day of action to bring music into the lives of children and to promote positive social change everywhere. Please join us at The Philadelphia School, in our garage, in celebration to do our part in moving this mission forward. You won't want to miss student and faculty performances in partnership with the Bizung School of Music and Dance in Ghana.
REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS (starting for all on September 10)
- The school yard and garden open at 8am.
- Preschool and K: 8:30-3:15pm (3pm Fridays)
- Grades 1-8: 8:20-3:20pm (3pm Fridays)