THE PHILADELPHIA SCHOOL ASSOCIATION (TPSA)
TPSA is comprised of the entire parent and guardian body of the school. All parents and guardians become members of TPSA upon enrollment at TPS. TPSA aims to support TPS families by facilitating communication, providing enrichment and outreach opportunities, and sponsoring community-building events. TPSA meetings are open to the entire school community.
Parental involvement has been integral to The Philadelphia School's success. In the early 1970's our founding parents worked hard to make their dream a reality. Since the school opening in 1972, parents have continued to play a key role in the betterment of the school. Parents are encouraged to frequently communicate with their children's teachers and are always welcome in the classrooms to share their talents and skills. Our children’s parents are respected as essential partners in making our school a place in which many kinds of learners can thrive.
In the next few days parents will receive communications from TPSA – a welcome email and the first of the year's TPSA Tuesdays, a weekly email featuring upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
- BUILDS (Building Understanding About Intelligences, Learning Differences, and Styles) brings together and supports parents of children with learning differences and unique learning.
- Community Response mobilizes to assist families in need.
- Community Outreach coordinates hands-on service opportunities for parents and children.
- Family Diversity Committee promotes a culture of inclusion among families.
- Green & Healthy Team helps to ensure a healthy and environmentally sustainable learning environment.
- Hospitality provides catering support for school events.
- New Family Welcome coordinates events to help new families transition into the TPS community.
Please click the "Get Involved" button below and let us know how you'd like to help. If you have any additional questions, please email us at [email protected]