Our classroom feels (almost) ready to welcome all of you next week at our JU-A Open House. Remember, this learning celebration will be held on Wednesday, February 17, from 12:30 to 1:30 pm. We hope you’ll be able to make it! If not, please stop by JU-A anytime next week to see your child’s and his or her classmates' work.
Students share their finished independent mythology projects yesterday and reflected on the four goals of this assignment:
- to teach things about our characters that weren’t included in the JUA* Guide to Mythology*;
- to learn more about our strengths and preferences as learners and use these strengths to guide the project work;
- to strengthen our executive skills by being realistic about the size and scope of the project, planning ahead, and staying organized;
- to become more skillful presenters/teachers as we share our expertise with other members of the TPS community. Using feedback they received from their classmates on Thursday, students made plans for any last-minute tweaks and changes to make over the long weekend.
In addition to the independent projects, the open house will feature:
- students’ ancient Greek-style coins
- our class Guide to Mythology
- a 3-D model of Mt. Olympus, the Underworld, and sculptures of each god, goddess, hero, and creature students researched, which also displays the characters’ relationships to one another
- students’ “Mythbusters” science report and “Mythmakers” original myth, companion pieces which seek to answer the same question about a phenomena they observed at Awbury Arboretum
- and more!
We are so looking forward to welcoming you next Wednesday. See you soon!
Emily, Jenson, and Julia