Dear JU-A Families,
By now, we have met with most of you at parent-teacher conferences. We so appreciate your thoughtful questions, insights about your children, and evident commitment to our home-school partnership. We feel lucky to be teaming with each of you this year!
It was a short but productive week in JU-A. Some of the highlights students shared this morning included:
- learning a new game in PE
- beginning our study of Greek roots (introduced this week, quiz Friday 11/13)
- working on the Garage Band project in music class
- beginning a new math unit (4th and 5th graders)
- our Thursday trip to Awbury Arboretum
- finalizing their “animal hybrid” drawings in art
- making progress on multiplication facts (4th graders)
- participating in our first book chat
- Friday’s family circles meetings
An important update about our fall science work: We’ve decided to use Awbury Arboretum as our outdoor classroom for the rest of the fall. All students will be visiting Awbury each Thursday between now and Thanksgiving. In addition, we will be traveling to Awbury this coming Monday, 11/9, and the following Monday 11/16, from 9:15-12:30. These extra morning classes will provide us with much-needed time for questioning and observations as we relocate our “Mythbusters” research project from the Schuylkill Center to this new venue.
Have a cozy fall weekend!
Emily and Jenson