Dear Kindergarten Families:
Believe it or not, there are only 13 days of school left this year! We are keeping busy planning for our play performances! We have been working on choosing characters, casting the play, writing scripts, and playing acting games. It’s been exciting and busy! Please remember, Thursday, June 1, at 9:00 a.m. is the Kindergarten Learning Celebration starting with our Kindergarten Plays in the Garage, followed by a classroom tour and cast party in the Kindergarten rooms. If you can’t make it, please let us know soon so we can be sure to connect your child with another family.
Our “Mercado,” a Spanish cultural festival for Kindergarten and Preschool students, is next Thursday, May 25. If your child has an allergy, and you’d like to inspect the food, it will be available on Monday. Sara, our school nurse, will also be checking the food for allergens, as well. There will be gluten-free options available, and all food provided will be nut and tree-nut free.
The Schuylkill Center was beautiful today. We spent time playing at the Pine Plantation and observing different parts of the plants in that area. We also visited Urban Girl Farm, a farm on The Schuylkill Center's property, which reinforced what the students have been learning in Seed to Table: different parts of many plants are edible, harvestable, healthy and delicious!
Some administrative details to note:
- If your child has a summer birthday, and you’d like to come in to celebrate by reading a book (we do not share edible treats for birthday celebrations), please let us know so we can schedule a time.
- Thursday, June 1, at 9:00 a.m. will be the Kindergarten Learning Celebration, starting with our Kindergarten Plays in the Garage, followed by a classroom tour and cast party in the Kindergarten rooms.
Questions to ask your child:
- Which play is your group performing?
- What character will you be?
- How have you cooperated with your group to plan for your play?
- What did you see at Urban Girl Farm?
Have a great weekend,
The Kindergarten Team