Dear 6th Grade Parent,
Your child has been busy considering the meaning of independence. In theme, students have been researching independence movements throughout history. In LA we have continued to explore the short stories in Out of Bounds and have used them as a springboard to our studies of apartheid in South Africa. In our study of play, 6th graders have explored the balance between independence and safety through reflecting on their own play, observing preschoolers playing, and studying the ideas of play experts.
Questions to ask your 6th grade student:
- What is the optional homework about "dangerous" play?
- What microhistory topic have you chosen to research?
- How are ratios, percents, and fractions related?
- What is a moment from a story in Out of Bounds that seems important to you?
- What is the symbolism of the flag for your imaginary country?
Enjoy the weekend,
The 6th Grade Team