Dear 6th Grade Parents,
This week has been spent doing research, conducting experiments, reflecting on our lives, and calculating statistics. We have continued our unit on play by examining original records and artifacts in the attic at Smith Playground. We have also been working on creating play spaces in the woods adjacent to the playground, influenced by the Play Inspiration Boards we made.
The sixth grade has also begun working on their TEDTalks about how we can evolve as people. Students watched as Mike, Jess, Terry, and Katrina modeled their own TEDTalks about ways we want to grow. We will continue creating these presentations for the next couple of weeks.
Questions to ask your child?
- What is the most surprising thing you learned in your microhistory project?
- What topic are you considering for your TEDTalk?
- What is your favorite six-word story that you wrote?
- What are you looking forward to the remainder of the year?
If your child has handed in a permission slip for tonight's Student Council Spring Fling, please note that it runs from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Students need to check in and check out with a teacher. The admission fee is $3 (please bring the exact amount).
- May 18 & 19: 6th grade overnight backpacking trip (more details to follow).
- June 1: 6th Grade Rite of Passage Night (more details to follow).
Have a great weekend,
6th Grade Team