Good afternoon, Parents!
It was a great first full week in the seventh grade! We hope you’ve heard some exciting things from your children about finding our place at the Schuylkill Center, the history of the universe, and the elements of grammar!
First, a few reminders about forms that need to come back to your child’s advisor:
- A packet of field trip permission forms went home with your child this week and must be returned by Monday. These forms will cover our trips for each Tuesday during October, on which we will be doing a great deal of important geology work -- please make sure they are signed and in your child’s backpack.
- Community service forms went home yesterday and are due Tuesday. Please go over the list of available jobs with your child and complete the third page of the packet to return to advisors. If you have any questions about community service, contact Jess Ford (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David D’Altorio (email@example.com).
- As mentioned in last week’s Friday Note, your child received a Checkout Form this afternoon. Please review it with them, talk to them about any late or missing work they have from the week, and make sure that work, along with the signed Checkout Form, gets returned to school on Monday.
- If your children will be out of school next Wednesday for Yom Kippur, please notify their advisor by email as soon as possible so that they can receive their homework and assignments prior to the long weekend.
Some questions to ask your child this weekend:
- Why does salad dressing separate if you let it sit?
- What Haroun project group are you in? How’s your project shaping up?
Until next week,
Virginia, Steve, and David