Parents @ TPS
Parental involvement has been integral to The Philadelphia School's success. In the early 1970's our founding parents worked hard to make their dream a reality. Since the school opening in 1972, parents have continued to play a key role in the betterment of the school. Parents are encouraged to frequently communicate with their children's teachers and are always welcome in the classrooms to share their talents and skills. Our children’s parents are respected as essential partners in making our school a place in which many kinds of learners can thrive.
The Philadelphia School Association (TPSA)
TPSA is comprised of the entire parent and guardian body of the school. All parents and guardians become members of TPSA upon enrollment at TPS. TPSA aims to support TPS families by facilitating communication, providing enrichment and outreach opportunities, and sponsoring community-building events. TPSA meetings are open to the entire school community. Committee chairs and classroom parent representatives are published on the Parent Portal.
President: Meghan Covington
Vice President: JJ Shirley
- BUILDS (Building Understanding About Intelligences, Learning Differences, and Styles) brings together and supports parents of children with learning differences and unique learning.
- Community Response mobilizes to assist families in need.
- Community Outreach coordinates hands-on service opportunities for parents and children.
- Family Diversity Committee promotes a culture of inclusion among families.
- Green & Healthy Team helps to ensure a healthy and environmentally sustainable learning environment.
- Hospitality provides catering support for school events.
- New Family Welcome coordinates events to help new families transition into the TPS community.
- Parent Education researches, recommends, and plans relevant presentations and talks on topics of interest to the TPS community.
- Picture Days supports the school with logistics and volunteer recruitment.
- Book Fair plans and executes a four day fundraising event that includes the on-site sale of book selections and an author lecture.
- Thanksgiving Feast supports a TPS tradition and its preparation and execution.
- MLK Day coordinates and promotes an exemplary day of service.
If you are a current parent, please go to the Parent Portal of the website for school communications. And please click the "Get Involved" button below and let us know how you'd like to help. If you have any additional questions, please email us at TPSA@tpschool.org