Parents @ TPS
Parental involvement has been integral to The Philadelphia School's success. In the early 1970's our founding parents worked hard to make their dream a reality. Since the school opening in 1972, parents have continued to play a key role in the betterment of the school. Parents are encouraged to frequently communicate with their children's teachers and are always welcome in the classrooms to share their talents and skills. Our children’s parents are respected as essential partners in making our school a place in which many kinds of learners can thrive.
The Philadelphia School Association (TPSA)
TPSA is comprised of the entire parent and guardian body of the school. All parents and guardians become members of TPSA upon enrollment at TPS. TPSA aims to support TPS families by facilitating communication, providing enrichment and outreach opportunities, and sponsoring community-building events. TPSA meetings are open to the entire school community.
- BUILDS (Building Understanding About Intelligences, Learning Differences, and Styles) brings together and supports parents of children with learning differences and unique learning.
- Community Response mobilizes to assist families in need.
- Community Outreach coordinates hands-on service opportunities for parents and children.
- Family Diversity Committee promotes a culture of inclusion among families.
- Green & Healthy Team helps to ensure a healthy and environmentally sustainable learning environment.
- Hospitality provides catering support for school events.
- New Family Welcome coordinates events to help new families transition into the TPS community.
- Parent Technology addresses how technology impacts both school and home.
If you are a current parent, please go to the Parent Portal of the website (access at the bottom of the page) for school communications. And please click the "Get Involved" button below and let us know how you'd like to help. If you have any additional questions, please email us at TPSA@tpschool.org
President: Gemina Gianino
Secretary: Mica Greene
Treasurer: Zachary Klehr
BUILDS: Anna Wulick & Beth Lundy
Community Outreach: Caren Cohen
Community Response: Victoria Bastian
Family Diversity: Marni Folgelson, Robert Prischak, Quanda Robinson, Christy Santoro, John Stone, & Martin Wiley
Green & Healthy Team: Michelle Niedermeier
Hospitality: Lavonia Waddington
New Family Welcome: JJ Shirley
Parent Education: Jenny Bogoni, Gayle Chesley, Beth Lundy, Meena Ramakrishnan, Amy White & Anna Wulick