Playing for Change Day at TPS
Saturday is quickly approaching and we are very excited for an amazing program put on by our talented faculty, staff, students and community. Below is a loose outline of the day with the addition of many other impromptu performances. We look forward to you joining us here at The Philadelphia School from 2-4pm in The Garage!
• Kindergarten performs "This Little Light of Mine"
• 7th Grade drumming session
• New Central Baptist Church children’s choir
• Guest appearance by City Love (Brian Jordan and Dwight Dunston)
• 6th grade song/dance
• "Virtual" performances by Bizung School (Ghana)
• 6th grade performs Bizung’s song/dance
• Middle School students sing "Nkosi Sikeleli Afrika”
• Jam Session of Grateful Dead's song "Ripple"
Light fare available for purchase from Gavin's Cafe and Mr. Softee
On September 19th, 2015 musicians and music lovers will gather on street corners, stages, and schools for a global day of action to bring music into the lives of children and to promote positive social change everywhere. Please join us at The Philadelphia School, on our stage, in celebration to do our part in moving this mission forward.
The Philadelphia School Garage
September 19, 2015
2:00 - 4:00 pm
Student and faculty performances in partnership with the Bizung School of Music and Dance in Tamale, Ghana
Food and drink will be available for purchase.
A sister PFC Day event will take place in Ghana with local musicians (direct beneficiaries of the project), and pre-recorded performances of student's at The Bizung School of Music and Dance will be shown in collaboration with our children at The Philadelphia School. Click here for more information.