We had a wonderful time at Friday’s Bird Breakfast, our final gathering before the end of the school year. Nothing can compare to good company, delicious food, and dazzling entertainment. Thank you to all for participating. Ask your child to sing any of the following bird songs for you:
- “Pajaro, Pajaro”
- “I Heard A Robin Singing”
- “Two Little Blackbirds”
- “Little Ducky Duddle”
- “Robin Redbreast”
On Wednesday, we were invited to watch the dress rehearsals of the kindergarten plays. Each group did a modern-day version of a classic fairy tale: Chicken Little, The Gingerbread Boy, Jack and the Beanstalk, and The Three Little Pigs. The kindergartners wrote their own screenplays and made their own costumes. Next year, that will be us on stage!
The Explorers and Trailblazers finished a three week rotation of their bird study. At this point, each group has passed through lessons on camouflage, migration and bird songs. Try asking your child these questions:
- Does every bird have its own song?
- Which bird song is your favorite? What does it sound like?
- Why do birds have to stay camouflaged?
- Who has the brightest feathers, the male or the female? Why?
- Why do some birds have to migrate?
- Where do birds usually go when they migrate?
Here are some notes for the final days of the school year:
Monday, June 6,
- Move Up Day - a 45-minute visit to the kindergarten to meet the teachers and have lunch. No need to do anything special, but be sure to ask your child about their impressions.
- Final Zoom Dance in the Garage
Wednesday, June 8, Celebration for those children who have summer birthdays, 2:30 pm, in the preschool classrooms
Friday, June 10, Last day of school, ending at 11:30 am. Dismissal for all preschoolers will be in the Garden.
*Note - Preschool does not participate in the Friday graduation ceremony except to present a flower to the graduates at the very end of the event. Parents do not need to make any special arrangements, other than the 11:30am pick-up time for all preschoolers in the Garden.
This is our last class note for the year. It has been delightful to work with your children. Thank you for sharing them with us. We loved it!
The Preschool Team