Dear Primary A Families,
As we have prepared for our Winter Concert and Learning Celebration, Primary A continued to pledge to be hard workers. This week we demonstrated our amazing growth in reading stamina. We continued to read “good-fit books” in order to help us grow in our accuracy and fluency. We also utilized our reading skills to dive into some nonfiction books and articles about our science project topics. This was a wonderful opportunity for us to think about the facts we were learning and what we want to teach our audience about our weather-related topics. The classroom was buzzing with chatter about what facts to present and how to display our learning of these facts. Science project work was a time of collective bargaining, decision making, and collaboration. These are lessons that are essential to becoming leaders in our society. We look forward to you all having a chance to see and hear all about the project work in Primary A during our Learning Celebration next Tuesday.
The Primary Unit also ventured back to The Schuylkill Center for the last time, before our winter break. We had a delightful day of roasting marshmallows and blowing giant bubbles. We also got to see a rocket launch by our treasured Schuylkill Center educators, Damien and Eduardo.
We had a special coding lesson from Matt Murray in honor of Computer Science Education Week. We had a great time using the class iPads and learning to code using a program called Lightbot. Thanks, Matt!
We would like to thank all the parents who made our Book Fair wish list a reality. We were all so excited to look through and read the amazing books that we have added to our library. We now have copies of The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak, Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty, A Child of Books by Oliver Jeffers and Sam Winston, Red, A Crayon’s Story by Michael Hall, and What Do You Do with an Idea? by Kobi Yamada. These books have already been enthusiastically pored over by our class! Thank you, thank you!
- about the Sing Along Encuentro. What songs did we sing?
- about our day at The Schuylkill Center.
- what we learned from 3rd grade when we visited their Lenape Learning Celebration.
Important Dates to Know:
- The Primary Unit Concert will be in the garage at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, December 13, followed by our Learning Celebration in the classroom. Please review the dress code for the concert in prior Friday note, two weeks ago.
- Primary Unit will be taking a trip to the Arden Theatre to see Frog and Toad on Wednesday, December 14.
- Franklin Institute educators will be coming to visit the Primary Unit on Friday, December 16.
- Winter Break begins Friday, December 16. The building closes at 3:00 p.m.; there will be no ASEP this day. We return to school on January 3, 2017.
Enjoy the weekend,
Cinda and Bernadette