What a full and busy week we’ve had! In Reading Writing Workshop (RWW), we continue to practice reading with good-fit books. Some small strategy groups, or book clubs, have begun to meet to work on shared skill building, and children are setting goals around what will help them become stronger readers. We’ve done some reflecting on how we best learn and are looking forward to sharing your children’s reflections with you. Speaking of which, we look forward to seeing most of you at parent teacher conferences on Thursday or Friday next week. Here’s the link to the Doodle poll where you can check the day/time you signed up for: http://doodle.com/poll/fnvvvbhbsb3ztx9i
A reminder about Halloween: We have reminded our students that there will be no Halloween celebration at school on Monday, and that no one should come to school in costume.
- what I am reading in school and about the books Jennifer and Jane have read aloud to us recently (Stuart Little, Last Stop on Market Street, and Ada Twist, Scientist).
- how I used Pic Collage on an iPad to show collections of 21 things. (1st gr.)
- what tools I used to help my math thinking while solving word problems. (2nd gr.)
- how bubbles can be used to observe the wind.
- what we did in Family Circles on Friday.
Enjoy the weekend!
Jennifer and Jane