As we wrap up our first full week together, the children are settling into new schedules and routines, and new friendships are forming. Highlights of our week include the launch of “Read to Self” (our daily independent reading time), practice using many of our classroom supplies, drawing and writing about our hopes and dreams for the year, and our first visit to the Schuylkill Center on Wednesday.
Here are some questions to ask your child about our week together:
- What is your hope or dream for the year? What will you do to help make it come true?
- What book(s) did you read during Read to Self times? How is your group building stamina for reading?
- What is your favorite activity you have done so far in your math group?
- How did you spend your free play time at Founder’s Grove on Wednesday?
- What was your favorite part of Encuentro today?
Since we will not be sending a note next Wednesday, we wanted to let you know that we will be choosing a Primary C representative to Student Council during the week of September 29. We’ll have time for children who are interested in the job to write a brief “speech” and share it with the class (with our help, if necessary). Those children’s names will be placed into a basket, and we will randomly select one name. That person will become our classroom representative. The other children will be our alternates and take turns accompanying the representative to meetings throughout the year. We encourage you to ask your child if he or she is interested in “running” to be our representative and, if so, coming up with some ideas together about why he or she would be a good fit for this position.
Reminders and Upcoming Events:
- We will not be sending a Weekly Note next Wednesday. Remember to check the "Progressive EDge" next week for any important all-school announcements.
- Please be sure to pack a water bottle and a trashless lunch each Wednesday for your child to bring to the Schuylkill Center.
- We look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday, September 30 for Back-to-School Night. There is a TPSA “meet and greet” in the Garage beginning at 5:30 p.m., and we’ll meet you in our classroom at 6:50 p.m.
Enjoy the weekend,
Jennifer and Kaitlin