Dear Primary D Families,
We asked your children what goals they have for themselves this winter. Here are some of the goals they wrote down.
- I want to get better at sounding out words.
- I want to meet people in Pr C.
- My goal is to get faster at Dreambox.
- I want to be a better friend.
- To run faster
- I want to help cleaning up.
- I want to read the morning message.
- To use friendship tools
- To help someone if they get hurt
Your children arrived back at school on Tuesday a teensy bit taller and with the same enthusiasm for learning. We jumped right into our theme study this week. This year we will study The Neighborhood. We began a classroom conversation about what a neighborhood is. We also began some mapping work by practicing using a map of our classroom for a scavenger hunt. We’ll be doing more work with maps in coming weeks. Try making a scavenger hunt map of your home for a connection to our map work. Spend some time looking at Philly maps, too. We’ll stay in touch about our Neighborhood study as it progresses.
A few questions you could ask your child about this week.
- What did you do in your Family Circle gathering?
- Where did you hide your penny in the classroom during the map scavenger hunt?
- Who did you read about who uses the greeting, “Where y’at?”
- What did you practice in math class this week?
- Are their more dog people or cat people in your class?
Have a great weekend.
Ben and Niké