Dear Primary D Parents,
We began to get to know each other and our classroom in Primary D this week. This morning we began our day with an all-school assembly called an Encuentro. The suspense is over! We learned this morning from the 8th grade that our All School Theme is “From Surviving to Thriving in the City, Country and Classroom.”
It’s been fun to see many of you over the past few days. We are greatly enjoying getting to know the unique personalities of your children, and we look forward to working and communicating with you throughout this year.
Here are a handful of reminders as we begin our year together.
• Please be sure to submit your child's dismissal plan to Terri or Jean at the Front Desk as soon as possible. This will ensure that your child is dismissed to the proper place and people at the close of the school day.
• At dismissal, please leave through the small gate in the yard where teachers are officially checking children out of the building instead of the main gate.
• We are looking forward to getting to know you and your child. If your child is new to Primary D, please choose a time in this Doodle Poll to meet with us over the next few weeks. If you are unavailable to meet and would like to have a phone conversation, let us know
• We will have our first visit to The Schuylkill Center, our country classroom, on Wednesday, September 14. Please be sure that you send your child wearing sneakers and long pants and also do a tick check on Wednesday evenings. Also, please send your child with a trashless lunch on Wednesdays.
• We will get you your child’s PE schedule soon. On days when your child has PE, please send students with laced sneakers. Each student has PE class two days a week in half groups.
• Please remember that we have a mid-morning snack. Fruit is provided at school on a daily basis, but if your child prefers something else, please remember to include a healthy snack in their lunchbox each day.
• Please send a full change of clothes to school with your child. We will keep them in your child's cubby in case there is ever a need for them.
See you next week.
Ben and Niké