Dear Primary D Parents,
Your children were abuzz on Thursday about All-School Theme hints that middle school students left in our classroom. The suspense is over! We learned this morning at Encuentro that our All- School Theme is “What is a Mystery?”
It was fun to see many of you last Thursday and also this week. We are greatly enjoying getting to know the unique personalities of your children, and we look forward to working and communicating with you throughout this year.
Here are a handful of reminders as we begin our year together.
• Please be sure to submit your child's dismissal plan to the Front Desk as soon as possible. This will ensure that your child is dismissed to the proper place and people at the close of the school day.
• At dismissal, please leave through the small gate in the yard where teachers are officially checking children out of the building instead of the main gate.
• We will have our first visit of the 2015-16 school year to The Schuylkill Center, our country classroom, on Wednesday, September 16. Please be sure that you send your child wearing sneakers and long pants and also do a tick check on Wednesday evenings. Also, please send your child with a trashless lunch on Wednesdays.
• On days when your child has PE, please send students with laced sneakers. (PE for your child will be either on Mondays and Thursdays or Tuesdays and Fridays. We will let you know which days as soon as possible.)
• Please remember that we have a mid-morning snack to keep our tummies happy until lunch time rolls around. Fruit is provided at school on a daily basis, but if your child prefers something else, please remember to include a healthy snack in their lunchbox each day.
• Please send a full change of clothes into school with your child. We will keep them in your child's cubby in case there is ever a need for them.
See you next week.
Ben and Niké