Dear 3A Parents,
Thanks to those of you who signed up for a parent/teacher conference. If you haven’t done so already, please participate in the Doodle poll below to choose your time. Please only choose one time and make sure it is a time that is not already taken.
Yesterday we elected our 3A Student Council representative and alternate. All of the candidates bravely stood up in front of their classmates and gave heartfelt and sometimes amusing speeches. The hardest thing for most of our voters was choosing only one candidate to vote for when so many of them were so highly qualified! All behaved with civility and sportsmanship when the results were announced. Congratulations to Max X., who will be our representative, and to Pearl, who will be the alternate.
This weekend, ask your child:
- “Which true story from your life have you been writing?”
- “What does it mean to ‘read yourself awake,’ and what was a place in your book where you did that?”
- “Which answers were more likely to blast off a spaceship in the subtraction game, and why?”
- “How did the centimeter scavenger hunt go?”
- “Who is in your Family Group and what happened today at your first Family Circle meeting on Friday morning?”
We are looking forward to seeing you at Back-to-School Night on Wednesday, October 5. To those of you celebrating the Jewish New Year, Shana Tovah!
Miriam and Josh