Dear 3A Parents,
The highlight of the week was, of course, Tuesday’s annual TPS talent show. We are proud of the many 3A students who bravely got up and performed in front of the whole school!
Yesterday a highlight of a different sort was a visit by Liliana Velasquez. She is a Guatemalan teenager who, in order to escape an incredibly difficult life, walked through much of Mexico by herself to come to the United States. She told the story of her childhood and journey to the third grade students who listened with rapt attention and asked many questions.
This weekend, ask your child
- What stood out for you the most about Liliana’s story?
- How is your nonfiction book going?
- What happens to the density of water when it freezes and becomes ice?
- What are your favorite addition and subtraction strategies -- and why?
- Who were the Greensboro Four, and what is a sit-in?
- Where is Kek taking Gol, the cow in Home of the Brave?
- What do the amygdala, the prefrontal cortex, and the hippocampus do?
Have a great long weekend!
Miriam and Josh