Dear 3A Parents,
A highlight of this week was our first session with Madeline Charne, our teaching artist from Philadelphia Young Playwrights! Madeline taught us several theater games, all of which were met with great enthusiasm and creativity by the group. We also learned what “actor ready” means and discussed the importance of good diction and projecting one’s voice. Madeline will return once next week and then more frequently after spring break as we begin to put our play together in earnest.
Questions to ask your child this weekend:
- What did you learn in science about the effect of surface area on evaporation?
- What are the two different types of division word problems?
- What are factors and how did you use arrays to find the factors of numbers?
- What have you done so far to get ready to lead your parent conference?
- How did the book Mama Went to Jail for the Vote add to your understanding of the fight for women’s suffrage?
- Who was Harvey Milk and how did he help build a more fair USA?
- What did you learn about child labor in the United States a long time ago and now?
- What books did you read on the Epic website?
- What did you think of the middle school music recital?
- What did you find most interesting about the drama session with Madeline?
Enjoy the weekend,
Miriam and Josh