Dear 3A Parents,
Happy spring! The beginning of April means that we are busy writing our play! This week we sketched out a draft of the structure of the play and began writing dialogue for one of the scenes. We have many enthusiastic playwrights in the group, so we are looking forward to a great script. As a reminder, the play will be performed on May 10 at 9:15 and May 11 at 1:15. Please also “save the date” for the third grade’s annual participation in The Dream Flag Project Celebration at The Constitution Center on Saturday, May 13. Our upcoming poetry unit will lead up to it. Please see www.dreamflags.org for more specifics.
This weekend, ask your child:
- What activities have you been doing to learn about area and perimeter?
- What is condensation and what makes it happen?
- How did our read-aloud The Circuit end?
- What ideas and people did 3A decide to put in the play?
- What did you write in your letter on redlining for the Huffington Post?
- What did you think of the theater games Park Bench and Clap?
- What project did you work on today in your Family Circle?
- What parts of The Schuylkill Center did you visit today?
Here’s to a sunny weekend!
Miriam and Josh