Dear 3A Parents,
Many, many thanks to those of you who joined us for our writing celebration on Wednesday! The children were so happy to share their stories with you, and we were grateful for your enthusiasm and encouragement of their work. In the next few weeks we will be putting together an anthology of all the personal narratives. Each child will have one to keep, and those of you who missed the event will have an opportunity to read the stories.
REMINDER: Please remember to send in a mixing bowl and spoon (if you have them) labeled with your last name on Monday for our Thanksgiving brownie baking. There is no need to provide lunch next Tuesday.
On Friday, December 2, we will be visiting the Penn Museum for a Lenape program and a visit to the Native American galleries. We will be away on the trip from about 12:30 to 2:45 p.m.
On Friday, December 9, 1:45-2:45 p.m., we will have our Lenape theme celebration. Parents are invited! If you are unable to attend on Friday, you can also come the day before (Thursday, December 8, 1:45-2:45 p.m.) when we will be sharing with the Primary Unit.
This weekend, ask your child about:
- our seed cycle academic choice project;
- the Lenape myths: “Mother Corn,” “Rainbow Crow,” and “When the Animals Left Lenape Land” (Also, what does it mean to take something for granted?);
- our visit with Trinity Norwood, a member of the Nanticoke Lenape;
- our multiplication activities in math;
- this morning’s instrumental music recital (Congratulations, Marleigh, Theo, and Pearl!);
- today’s visit to The Schuylkill Center (last one of the season!).
Happy weekend, and a happy Thanksgiving next week!
Miriam and Josh