Dear 3A Parents,
It has been an exciting first week back after spring break! We have had several play writing sessions and this year’s play is beginning to take shape. The children have also continued to practice acting warm-ups with MR and Madeline.
Our return to the Schuylkill Center is being delayed due to today’s all-school visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, next Friday’s Grandparents and Special Friends Day, and our professional development day the Friday after that. We may be able to add in a make-up Schuylkill Center day in May - we’ll let you know if that happens.
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, May 14th, from 10:00 am -12:30 pm. That is the date of this year’s Philadelphia Dream Flag Festival and Celebration at the National Constitution Center. Each year TPS third graders participate in the Dream Flag Project by writing dream poems and making dream flags. Those who are available come with their families to the Constitution Center to celebrate and connect their dreams with those of other Philadelphia area school children. (For more information about dream flags go to www.dreamflags.org)
This weekend ask your child:
- What are some characteristics of poems?
- What happened when we built water wheels in science?
- What happened in our guided reading books this week?
- What have we learned about fractions this week?
- What are the four acts in our play going to be about?
- What did we see and learn at the art museum today?
Have a great weekend!
Miriam and Josh