Dear 3A Parents,
It was fun to hear about everyone’s snowy adventures!
During our indoor lunch times for the past few days we have been watching a documentary called On the Way to School. It is an amazing film that shows to what lengths children in some parts of the world have to go just to get to school. Children in Kenya, Morocco, India, and Argentina are featured and the film follows each of them on their journey. Ask your child to tell you more about it.
You can also ask your child
- what we noticed when we counted to ninety by three, six, and then nine
- what s/he learned from the video about Harriet Tubman
- what has been happening in The Birchbark House since the smallpox epidemic
- what nonfiction text features s/he found during reading workshop -
- what nonfiction piece s/he began drafting today
- about the apple head dolls they are making in art class
- about today’s Encuentro music recital (Congratulations, Adley, on a wonderful performance!)
- about today’s meeting with our book buddies
Miriam and Josh