Dear 3A Parents,
Yesterday and today were filled with theater! We hope you heard from your child about the highly entertaining performances of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night and The Taming of the Shrew that we were treated to by the eighth graders.
Our nonfiction writers are deep into the process of creating their nonfiction books! They have started typing their introductions and chapters on google docs. Many have asked if they can do some of the work at home and the answer is, “of course!” They can log in to google docs with their TPS password followed by 2021.
The art teachers encourage you to sign up for a conference with them. The links:
This weekend, ask your child:
- how his or her nonfiction project is going
- what condensation is and how it forms
- how we created mini water cycles using plastic cups
- about Henry “Box” Brown
- about the Irish Famine
- about The Matchbox Diary, a book about Italian immigrants
- about the Mendez family and the book Separate is Never Equal
- what multiplication and/or division games she or he has played
- how Kek in Home of the Brave managed to get a job only a week after arriving in the U.S.
- what we learned and saw at today’s Encuentro hosted by JU-C
Enjoy the weekend!
Miriam and Josh