Dear 3A Parents,
We are thrilled to tell you that Suzanne’s baby girl was born on Wednesday! Her name is Alice, and she weighed in at 6 lbs 6 oz.
Today’s trip to the Johnson House was chockful of information and exciting stories! Among other things we learned about the three important clues that historians have to understanding how the Johnson House operated as a station on the Underground Railroad. Find out what your child learned and what he or she thought of the trip!
Yesterday we were treated to a short salsa dance performance by the students in Cecilia’s Salsa Dance Club. We were all impressed by how much they had learned in only a couple of weeks! Felicitaciones - Nico, Karya, and Paige!
Ask your child:
- About the articles s/he read for our boxes and bullets work
- What strategies s/he tried for their nonfiction book introduction
- About immigration “push” and “pull” factors
- What surface area is and how it relates to evaporation
- What patterns we’ve noticed on this month’s area and perimeter calendar
- What s/he has been learning about division
- What new challenges Kek faced in this week’s readings of Home of the Brave
- About his or her new guided reading book
- About today’s encuentro hosted by Primary B
Have a great weekend!
MIriam and Josh