Dear 3A Parents,
This coming Monday is the deadline for our writers to have their nonfiction google docs typed up. At school they will continue to work on copying those docs into the Lucid Press program. Creating pages and using text boxes can be tricky but our writers are beginning to get the hang of it. And of course many of them are enjoying the ability to put images into their Lucid Press docs! We hope to have the pieces finished in a week or so.
It’s been an exciting week! Ask your child:
- About the exciting kick-off to the third grade play process - our lesson today with Madeline and MR, our teaching artists from Philadelphia Young Playwrights
- About the wonderful performances we heard at this morning’s Middle School recital
- About Lewis Hine and the photography he did for the National Child Labor Committee - What kinds of jobs are children doing in his photographs and why did he take the pictures?
- About our water cycle project presentations
- What s/he learned about tenements
- About the ending of Home of the Brave and what s/he thought of the book
Enjoy the springtime weather!
Miriam and Josh