Dear 3A Parents,
On Tuesday we sent home the third grade Immigrant Ancestor Project assignment. If you haven't seen it yet, please ask your child to show it to you and read it through with him or her. The project is a key piece of our study of immigration, giving the children a first-hand connection with this important topic. The due date is January 14th. We send it home before the winter break since we know families often get together then and it might be a good time for discussions or interviews about family history. Most families find this project interesting and fun and we hope you will too!
This weekend ask your child
- What we learned about Philadelphia and maps from Alicia Parks, our visitor from the Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- About conversations 3A has been having about kindness and respect - also controlling our “wannas” and doing our “gottas”
- How we are thinking about book characters using an "emotional timeline"
- What some of the items were that William Penn gave to the Lenape in exchange for land
- What the Walking Purchase was
- What songs we sang at today’s holiday Encuentro
- About our winter celebration this afternoon with our book buddies
Thank you for the generous TPS Holiday Gift! We wish all of you an enjoyable winter break and a happy and peaceful 2016!
Miriam and Josh