Dear 3B Families,
We have so many things going on, it’s hard to choose what to highlight! First, please ask your child to share the pamphlet they received at the end of the day. This pamphlet talks about what conflict minerals are, a subject the middle schoolers spoke about during today’s Encuentro.
Also, we read The Memory Coat this week, which focuses on some of the hardships people faced when they arrived at Ellis Island. Please ask your children to share what they remember! This is just the beginning of our research about immigrants and whether or not they were treated fairly once they arrived in America.
This week, ask me…
- how I did filling out the multiplication table;
- what Matt Murray taught us to do on our iPads;
- about the Statue of Liberty’s history and meaning;
- what I am reading with my guided reading group;
- what happens to water when it freezes.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Diane and Anna