Dear 3B Families,
Third graders have been working tremendously hard on their nonfiction writing pieces. Topics range from gymnastics, computers, Broadway, sushi, and penguins! They used graphic organizers to plan out their chapters with topic sentences and supporting details, tried out different introductions and conclusions, added expert words into a glossary, and they are now typing up their drafts on Google docs. We are really impressed with their determination and perseverance on this project! We have partnered with Matt Murray from the Technology department to help students become comfortable navigating Google docs and keyboarding. After these documents have been revised and edited, students will transfer the writing over to create digital books full of amazing text features. We can’t wait to share the finished products with you!
If your child wants to access this document at home over the weekend, they can go onto TPS Student Central, click on Google Apps for Education, and then they can enter their username and password. For example: email@example.com Password: apple2022
This week, ask me…
- about mapping our immigrants activity;
- to give you examples of transition words;
- about Anna’s immigration story;
- about the immigration story of Nell’s dad’s colleague, Mamady;
- about the friendship tools my book buddies reminded me about;
- what multiplication and division work we are doing in math;
- what I did in my Family Circle;
- what happened when we froze water in a vial and syringe.
The Talent Show is coming up! If your child is planning to participate (sign-up was due by noon today), auditions are on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6, from 12:05 to 1:05 p.m. Students should bring lunch and whatever props or music they need. Performances are limited to 1 minute and 30 seconds.
JU-B will be selling pretzels again this coming Monday. Please send in money with your child if he/she would like one.
Have a beautiful weekend!
Diane and Anna