Dear 3B Families,
It has been an exciting week with scripts and casting for the play complete. Students are already diving into rehearsals full of enthusiasm. We ask that you help your child practice their lines slowly, loudly, and clearly!
We also had a fun, sunny day at The Svhuylkill Center! Your children wrote beautiful poems and splashed around the stream looking for macroinvertebrates. They used a dichotomous key to try to identify their fresh catches of the day! Ask your child which kind of macroinvertebrate they found and how they came to that conclusion.
The third grade play dates and times:
- Wednesday, May 10: 9:15 a.m. 3A and 1:15 p.m. 3B
- Thursday, May 11: 9:15 a.m. 3B (cast party to follow on this day) and 1:15 p.m. 3A
Please also mark your calendars for Saturday, May 13, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. That is the date of this year’s Philadelphia Dream Flag Festival and Celebration at the National Constitution Center. Each year TPS third graders participate in the Dream Flag Project by writing dream poems and making dream flags. Those who are available come with their families to the Constitution Center to celebrate and connect their dreams with those of other Philadelphia area school children. (For more information about dream flags, go to www.dreamflags.org.)
This week ask me…
- My part(s) in the play;
- What poems I’ve been reading and writing;
- How I’m doing with learning my math facts;
- About the dream flag project;
- One fact about macroinvertebrates;
- About our new classroom pets;
- About the songs that will be in the play.
Enjoy the beautiful weekend!
Diane and Anna