Dear 3B Families,
This week, we embarked on an exploration of persuasive writing. For this mini writing unit, students are producing their opinions about the books they read, the foods they eat, the movies they watch, and the video games they play. They will learn to be able to to state an opinion and give reasons to support it. We’ll be launching the 3B blog where students will get to post their reviews to share with you and the class. Stay tuned for more information.
Please remember that we are leaving for our trip to the Baltimore Museum of Industry promptly at 8:15 on Tuesday morning. We will line up to board the bus at 8:00.
Please note: Although electronics such as iPods and iPads are permitted on the bus, phones are NOT. Teachers will be in touch with the office if it is necessary. Please remember to pack your child a lunch, plenty of snacks, and drinks. If your child gets bus sick, please pack chewing gum, mint, and/or sea bands if you have them.
It is always an exciting and interesting trip, and we are all looking forward to it!
This week ask me…
- about the videos of Misty Copeland and my persuasive essay on whether a ballet dancer is an athlete or an artist;
- about the Spanish market event;
- about our new read-aloud, “Summer According to Humphrey”;
- fraction work we’ve been doing in math;
- how I did on my last word work assessment.
Enjoy the long holiday weekend!
Diane and Anna