Dear 3B Families,
Your children did a stellar job rising to the challenge of creating classroom rules that will allow their hopes and dreams to become reality. The rules they came up with support a classroom environment where each person can learn, feel empowered, share their ideas, ask questions, make new friends, and try new things -- all while having fun! Our classroom constitution reads as follows:
- Treat people the way you want to be treated.
- Take care of dour classroom community.
- Be focused.
- Do your best.
- Have a growth mindset.
Back-to-School Night is on Wednesday, October 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m. The evening is designed to give you a hands-on understanding of what your child's third-grade experience is like.
Please remind your children to be prepared next week to give a speech for class representative, if they are interested. This is an important position and one that every single one of our students should consider.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD:
This week, ask me…
- about what some addition strategies are that will help me become more fluent with my math facts.
- to show you my reading journal and how I will be using the reading logs to help me track my reading.
- what we are learning in Spanish, and if I can teach you a few words or phrases.
- about the book projects my classmates are sharing.
- to tell you the rules of our classroom that my classmates and I created.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Diane and Anna