Dear 3B Families,
Please look at the top of this note for our third grade calendar for important dates. This will ensure that you are aware of upcoming special events or field trips.
The first full week of school was focused on students coming up with their hopes and goals for the year. Some of them include: making new friendships, sharing more ideas in class, having good sportsmanship, being a more fluent mathematician and reader, getting better at spelling, expanding vocabulary, and much more. These hopes and goals form the foundation for our discussions on the need for rules in our classroom community. We brainstormed ideas for rules and narrowed them down to four categories. The rules will officially be revealed on Monday and they will become our third grade constitution which all children will sign.
- Bring in a memory collection by Monday (your child should have brought home written instructions about this assignment).
- Bring in a family photo if you haven’t already.
- Keep sending in reading logs and math work your child completed over the summer.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD:
This week, ask me…
- About our science mystery bags and what properties of seeds mean
- What we did at the Schuylkill Environmental Center
- How our first third grade chorus
- About our student teacher, Tess
- What my favorite part of third grade is so far
Have a fabulous weekend!
Diane and Anna