Dear 3B Families,
What a wonderful start to the year! The students have started new projects and have even finished a few! They have become comfortable with the classroom and many of our routines. The students are forging new friendships, reuniting with old buddies, and showing great kindness and respect for one another! Lovely!
Each week we will create a Friday Note that will highlight something that happened within our week. Along with this note we will send conversation starters called, Ask Me’s. Please read through the ask me’s with your child and find out all that we have been focusing on throughout the week!
The students have asked great questions about the schedule, general procedures and routines, as well as,” what’s for homework!” The only daily assignment your child has is to read for 30 minutes a night. We will explain the reading log next week. There will also be weekly math work that we will explain to the students next week.
We look forward to meeting with all of you during our ‘Get to Know You Conferences’ (sign up here if you haven’t already http://doodle.com/poll/7wqvg2rm5kpkmcgw) and partnering with you this year. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!
This week, ask me…
...what I most like about third grade so far!
...about our read aloud, Mysteries According to Humphrey
...Interesting facts I learned about Anna and Diane.
...interesting facts I learned about my classmates.
...how lunches outside are different from last year.
...about my new Spanish teachers.
...what we did in Music and Art
…about the all school theme
… about the first Encuentro
...what morning greeting I liked best from this week.
....my I Am From Poem
...what my hopes and dreams are for the year
- P.E. dates are Tuesday and Thursday. Students must wear sneakers to participate.
- Our Schuylkill Center day is Friday. Children should be dressed appropriately to spend time outdoors in our “country classroom,” and bring a water bottle and lunch.
- The P.E. homework assignment should be turned in by Tuesday.
- Find a family photo over the weekend for your child to bring into class on Monday.
- Please send in reading logs and math work your child completed over the summer.
- We will begin to collect summer book projects next week. Here’s the link to the summer letter in case you missed it:
SAVE THE DATE:
Wednesday, September 30, 6:30pm: Join us for Back- to-School Night. (A TPSA Meet and Greet will take place in the Garden at South Street beginning at 5pm.)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Anna and Diane