Dear 3B Parents,
Bravo to our in-house Lenape experts! Sharing our classroom Lenape Village with you and the TPS community was a wonderful culmination to our week. Students worked tremendously hard to research, plan, build, and teach about the various aspects of Lenni Lenape life and culture. We are proud of how well the children collaborated on this endeavor in third grade!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD:
This week, ask me…
- how many drops of water could I fill on a penny?
- what is surface tension?
- what the difference is between character feelings and traits
- who Andeg and Big Pinch are in our read aloud book
- what’s going on in our guided reading books
- about the numerator and denominator in fractions
- what we did in Encuentro
- what I felt most proud of working on the Lenape Village
SAVE THE DATE: Winter Concert: Tuesday, December 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Students should come to school on the day of the concert (Tuesday, December 15) wearing red on top (ideally solid red or TPS t-shirt) and black on the bottom. If students do not have black pants, they should wear the darkest possible pants they have. Girls may wear a red dress, but not black. Shannon spoke about this with the students.
We hope your children get lots of good rest over the weekend to gear up for the last week of school before the winter break.
Diane and Anna