Dear 3B Parents,
We are back full force from spring break and have started to build great momentum with our third grade play. Madeline and Maryruth (or M.R.) are our teaching artists from the Philadelphia Young Playwrights. We have been working together with them to help students prepare for acting and playwriting. So far we have begun writing a few scenes including one about Chinese laborers working on the Transcontinental Railroad as well as the schooling and work experiences of immigrant children in New York. The kids have been enthusiastic and full of ideas in the playwriting process, and we all look forward to the final product to share with you all soon!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD:
This week, ask me…
- About making water wheels in science
- About Angel Island poems
- My work on fractions using pattern blocks
- What’s going on in my guided reading group
- The dances I’ve learned in P.E.
- What songs I’m learning for the play in music
- Our read-aloud book, Hannah is My Name
- About the immigration experiences of the Japanese, Russian, Indian, Filipino, and Korean immigrants who came through Angel Island
- Our theater warm ups (Diction Comes, Feet Planted)
About our art museum mystery tour with my family circle
SAVE THE DATES:
- Grandparents and Friends Day is next Friday, 4/15 between 12:30-2:45.
- 3B’s play will be on Wednesday, 5/11 at 1:45 and Thursday, 5/12 at 9:15.
- Our field trip to the Museum of Industry in Baltimore, MD will be on 5/31 leaving school at 8:15am.
Anna and Diane