Dear 3B Families,
It was fun to hear about everyone’s snowy adventures!
During our indoor lunch times last week we watched a documentary called On the Way to School. We wanted to tell you about it, because the students were riveted by what lengths children in some parts of the world have to go through just to get to school. Children in Kenya, Morocco, India, and Argentina are featured, and the film follows each of them on their journey. Ask your child to tell you more about it.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD:
This week, ask me…
- to tell you about our special guest Nary, who immigrated from Cambodia and who shared with us her immigration story.
- to share with you what Manav’s mom, Shipra, shared about her immigration to the United States.
- about today’s Encuentro recital
- about the small group, nonfiction reading articles we have been working on
- how my introductions to my nonfiction article is going and which one I will use!
- how using descriptions help my writing
- to explain the multiplication table I filled out during math
- how book buddies went today
SAVE THE DATE:
The 3rd grade and junior unit potluck is Wednesday, February 3rd, from 6:30-8:30 in the garage. All are invited to attend.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS: The all-school talent show, which features a student- and staff- only audience, will be on February 11. Those participating are asked to prepare a 1-minute well-rehearsed performance.
Have a lovely weekend!
Diane and Anna