Dear 3B Families,
Yet again, we had a tremendous week! One of the many highlights was having the Philadelphia Young Playwrights come in and start our theater lessons! The students all embraced this opportunity and had such thoughtful things to say about the experience! Please ask them about it!
So you know:
Conference child care is available: If you need child care (for a TPS-enrolled student) during your conference time on March 24 or 25, it will be available in the Lombard Street building from 7:30am to 5:30pm. A receptionist will direct you to the room where supervision will be available. Children may not wait in the office. Thanks.
A reminder that next Friday, Primary A will sell soft pretzels in the Lombard Street building at lunch time to benefit people experiencing homelessness. Pretzels are $1.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD:
This week, ask me…
- about Jane Ahn’s (Brody’s mom) immigration share with our class!
- to tell you about the read-aloud So Far From the Sea.
- about the middle school recital
- to tell you about Tyrus Wong and his experience at Angel Island. (Video)
- what does Gim Sann mean?
- how I feel about the article I wrote
- how I felt about sharing my article with Primary OR how I feel about sharing my article next week with Primary.
- who I started researching –– Seymour Rechteits, a Polish immigrant who came to Ellis Island, or Li Keng Wong, a Chinese immigrant who came to Ellis Island (We will be comparing the two experiences.)
Have a super weekend!
Diane and Anna